Saturday, May 14, 2011

Insight and Comfort


05/14/2011 Human Observations
Isaiah 40:11
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

This same Isaiah provides insight and comfort in chapter fifty five of his book of prophecies.  Insight, in that these words are given to arrogant minds that are distracted from receiving the voice of God, yet remain capable of harkening to the warnings and instructions provided by God’s prophet.  Comfort, in that the hearts of some still hunger and thirst for refreshment that comes from dwelling within the bosom of the Creator of all emotion.  

 Isaiah 55:6Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: 7Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Like Abraham’s nephew Lot, vexed by the emotional chaos of Sodom and Gomorrah, some folks today have a heart for the things of God; yet, cannot find the “want to” to resist their personal participation in error.  

8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

 Revelation 320Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

1 John 5:5
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

·  1 John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

 

 

  

No comments: