Friday, May 20, 2011

God's Good Pleasure


05/20/2011 Human Observations
Jonah 2:8
They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.

Whatever I value more than God separates me from receiving whatever good things He wants to give me, and blocks His attempts to detour the repercussions of deliberately divorcing myself from His favour and protection.  Idols take on many shapes and images depending upon the hungers of my lust, but they all have one thing in common: their existence in my preferences points to my personal deviation from choosing life with the Eternal Sovereign Authority over everything that was created.  So, I must daily choose to acknowledge that which God provides above that which would substitute itself as my Master Passion, believing in the completed work of God’s Messiah, who restores my access to the favour and good pleasure of the Creator of my ability to be happy and joyful.
Luke 12:32
Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

No comments: