Saturday, May 28, 2011

Liberty


05/28/2011 Human Observation
John 15: 16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
On this Saturday of the Memorial Day Weekend, my memory continues the recall of that momentous occasion some decades ago, when a decision was made that contradicted the current authority; a decision that would dramatically change and improve both my life and my mindset.  When it seems more sensible to follow my own thought that stands in opposition to the status quo, I am more aware of the exercise of independence.  I did not choose where I would be born, or the map of my genetic composition.  Yet, as I encounter the issues of the world, I have the freedom to choose how I can respond.  These choices are governed according as my working grasp of liberty allows.  If the marching orders of my mindset are to “do justly and love mercy, (while) walking humbly with my God”, I discover my compliance with an authority greater than the authority of men, the world, or angels.  Choosing this compliance enables my participation in a process of “bearing fruit”, not by the work of my hands, but rather … as The Son was guided by and obedient to His Father, so I am obedient to and guided by the Words of our Messiah. 
 19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 
So, my rescue from a life of motion sickness was highlighted by an act of disobedience to the authority of man, yet yielding to the authority of the Creator of man.  The proof is in the fruit.  Just as a prophet’s gift is proven by the occurrence of the prophecy, so the guidance of God’s Holy Spirit is recognized by the resultant fruit.  The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.   

No comments: